Thursday, June 7, 2012

6/6/10

On the boat, the day we got engaged. The ring was in his pocket at this moment - and I had no idea!
"Come on, I'm hungry."

I'd venture to guess that is not the way most proposals begin.

It is the way mine started though (because I think about food basically all the time). Teddy had taken me for a romantic architecture boat tour (historic buildings are one of my favorite things), and we were enjoying a relaxing Chicago weekend with all that the city has to offer. Leaving the boat, we lingered at a breathtaking spot overlooking the Chicago river. It was there that I bossily informed him I was hungry, and proceeded to walk in the direction of a restaurant. I noticed I was walking by myself.

I turned around to find Teddy. On one knee. Looking more nervous than I could ever imagine.

It was an incredible surprise, complete with all of the tears and laughter I'd dreamed the moment would hold. I was in shock. It was the best day of my life up until that point.
It was the day my (now) husband proved once and for all that I am the luckiest girl in the world.

Hard to believe that day was 2 years ago now. With our wedding anniversary fast approaching, I just want to take a moment and tell my husband how completely fulfilled, blessed, and excited I am to have him in my life every day.

Teddy - Every day with you is a gift, and I could not ask for a better partner in this life. Happy Engagement Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment