Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Adult Beverage: Cucumber Basil Lemonade

With a few sunny days under our belt, I'm sure I speak for most Chicagoans when I say that I'm dreaming of cookouts, outdoor festivals, and dining al fresco.

I whipped up this concoction for a backyard get-together we hosted last summer and I know it will be a staple at any summer gathering I host!
Cucumber Basil Lemonade - with a punch:

1 cucumber - half for the lemonade and half for garnish
A few sprigs of basil
1 can of frozen lemonade concentrate
Large pitcher of water
1 lemon, sliced - half for the lemonade and half for garnish
Pinches of sugar
Citrus Vodka - this part will be to your taste! I used a good half a bottle in mine.

Mix the frozen lemonade mixture into a large pitcher with cool water. Stir in some sugar and the sliced lemons. Cut up the cucumber and the basil and add to the mixture. Add the vodka last and let cool in the fridge for 2 hours prior to serving.

I set mine out with some plates of sliced cucumber and lemons so people could add more to taste. A terrific summer treat! Watch out though - the ingredients really hide the vodka flavor so you just may end up indulging a bit more than you intended!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so tasty - would have been great for a hot day like today! Jamie

    ReplyDelete