Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

I haven't posted in a few days because, like most Americans, I was celebrating the unofficial kick-off to Summer! While I was enjoying delicious grilled food, sunshine, and shopping for white pants, I did take some time to reflect on the meaning of the day and I hope others did as well.

Hopefully I never forget that the reason for the day is the bravery and dedication of Americans throughout history. Even today, while we enjoy BBQ and boating, several of our fellow citizens are overseas, enduring conditions most of us would find intolerable (or, at the very least, uncomfortable). Risking their lives and missing precious time with loved ones. And they do this because they believe in what they are fighting for. And they volunteered to do it. And what they get in return is really pretty minimal.

The least we can give these men and women is our thanks.

I hope this day of all days, we each take the time to make sure they have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment