Monday, May 14, 2012

Gratitude


Lately I've been feeling a bit down in the dumps. There are a variety of reasons for this, unfortunately, but I try my best to keep things in perspective and remember that I have an amazing life that's worth being grateful for.

Isn't it amazing how feeling gratitude in the moment can change your entire outlook?

So true, and I need to remind myself of this as often as possible. Here are just a few things that I'm pausing today to consider - I am betting everyone out there, no matter how dim things can seem, can find a few things like this in their own life to be thankful for.

A husband that always opens doors for me, says thank you for all the things that I do, cleans our drain when it gets clogged (what a terrible job), and looks for little ways every single day to make my life easier and better.

A steady job that, even when I am tired and frustrated and complaining, never fails to deposit money into my account every two weeks :) A job that lets me use my brain, talk to intelligent people, and see new places. Many people in the world today would love to have the job that I complain about.

A place to live. It may not be much, just a little apartment on a cluttered city street, but it's mine and its a roof over my head and a place for Teddy and I to call home. It has a lovely bay window and a yard to enjoy the sunshine and my favorite coffee maker.

Safe landings on my many flights - that's always something to be thankful for!

Fitting into my skinny jeans.

Crisp, freshly laundered sheets.

Fresh Spring flowers.

The first day you can open windows and let fresh air circulate.

Ice cream.

Freedom to go where I want, when I want. The freedom to marry whomever I choose and allow that partnership to be what is best for both of us. Freedom to say what I want in whatever medium I choose. Freedom to work, to play, to be educated, to read. Such easy things to take for granted when so many go without these things every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment